[WSBARP] Cause of action and measure of damages for intentional interference with pipe easement

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon May 11 12:57:42 PDT 2020

Thanks Rod! I think you are right, private nuisance might be the best available. I'm not sure about trespass on an easement though; I will have to do the research again but I vaguely remember reading cases grappling with the concept of a property owner "trespassing" on their own land because they were interfering with an easement, which is by definition a use right. I suppose if it were an exclusive easement, it could be trespass, but for any non-exclusive easement the argument gets much harder conceptually.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone; please call the Seattle office. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis; please call the Seattle office.

MAIL AND DELIVERIES can be received at the Seattle office. For any other needed arrangements, please call the Seattle office.