[WSBARP] "Go after the neighbor"/ADR-RPPT panel discussion may 19

Roger Moss ram at pacific-ci.com
Fri May 1 09:12:04 PDT 2020

I guess COVID has made people even more blood thirsty than normal.

Right now there are many tenants pissing off landlords by refusing to engage about rent issues, or even acknowledging communication. That’s stupid, unhelpful, and guaranteed to work against their long-term interests.

Similarly, people who want to hammer folks to do something they have no obligation to do are not showing much wisdom about how to achieve results. And Nestor, I know you know all this…

There are mediators who specialize in tree disputes. Some are arborists, others are attorneys. Here is a link to one such person in California: http://www.treelaw.com/. I share it because one of her clients is the CEO of Oracle, known as a hammer from hell. He wanted to cut down trees blocking his view of the Golden Gate. His neighbor’s trees. No legal basis. With constructive intervention by an expert, the matter was resolved peacefully and Larry E expanded his field of vision, in more than one way.

There are talented people right here in the Puget Sound who can intervene in such things. A couple are copied on this email. No matter how bad relations have been between neighbors, it never hurts to approach softly when a need arises.

With all this in mind, I hope everyone joins Andrew Hay, Kaitlyn Jackson, Joanna Roth and myself for an interactive discussion about addressing all kinds of leasing disputes in the shadow of COVID. Tuesday May 19 at 12:00pm. Details coming soon.

Happy May Day. As you frolic around the Maypole, remember it’s easier to carry an olive branch than a cudgel. And the cudgel will always be there if needed.

Roger A. Moss, Esq.
Pacific Conflict Intervention
206.790.1971 Seattle
415.371.9724 San Francisco
www.pacific-ci.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.