[WSBARP] Pro Bono Survey Request

Michael Liebert mike at jmlpllclaw.com
Sun Mar 29 16:28:21 PDT 2020

I recently transferred my bar status to Emeritus Pro Bono and am currently volunteering as an attorney; limiting my representation to clients of Kitsap Legal Services only.  I am interested in joining your organization.  I have some issues I would like to discuss with the WSBA Pro Bono committee.  Given the Washington State Supreme Court’s emphasis on providing equal access to justice to the indigent, I was surprised to encounter an unexpected degree of difficulty in attempting to transfer from inactive status following my voluntary retirement in 2017.  At the time I retired, I was unaware of the Emeritus Pro Bono program.  I learned about the program as a board member of the Kitsap Legal Services organization.  In order to be considered for Emeritus Pro Bono status, I was required to renew my active membership (which I did in 2019) so that I could transfer that active membership to Emeritus Pro Bono status.  I eventually obtained the latter status in 2020.

If you would like to hear further from me, please feel free to contact me via my email or my telephone.  (360) 620-8581.

Thank you

Mike Liebert  WSBA #8060