[WSBARP] PRESIDENTIALLY DECLARED DISASTER EXTENSIONS FOR 1031 EXCHNAGES

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:53:09 PDT 2020

Jim. You were never allowed to exchange real property for personal property. You could exchange personal property for other personal property of the same SIC code. Airplane for a boat was not allowed but boat for boat was ok as long as the they were the same asset catagory. ( eg barge for freighter not ok). I don't see us going back to allowing personal property exchanges. The whole kerfluffle started with a NY Times article ranting about the tax break that rental car companies were getting through 1031.