[WSBARP] Assignment of Seller's REK - Grantee doesn't sign

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Jun 17 08:54:17 PDT 2020

Thanks Kary, all good thoughts. I guess I should just be thinking about this as a contract issue rather than a deed issue. How is it possible to "assign" one's obligations under a contract to another person, without their consent? And then assuming consent is necessary, what type of evidence of that consent is needed (signature, oral consent, later actions indicating ratification, context such as part on accepted conveyance)?

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone; please call the Seattle office. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis; please call the Seattle office.

MAIL AND DELIVERIES can be received at the Seattle office. For any other needed arrangements, please call the Seattle office.