[WSBARP] 3rd Party Mortgage Cure?

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 07:27:31 PDT 2020

I had a listing a couple years ago where getting a payoff out of the
bank was extremely difficult because my client had foreclosed out the
borrower.  Being the owner of the property was not good enough for the
bank to give that information out, even though we were under contract.
I finally located someone at the bank high enough up to put pressure on
the payoff department to act.  I don't think I would have succeeded if I
had not represented the owner (e.g. represented a third party).

I'm not sure the NTS will give you the information you need due to
subsequent charges and fees.  But you could overpay to be on the safe
side.  Overpaying may not matter in the long run, which leads to the
next point.

I'd be worried about this being a recurring problem.  If the client
cannot just pay off the mortgage such as perhaps buying at foreclosure,
they could be just throwing money away if the payment issues cannot be
resolved.  If there's not a long term plan I would advise against the
initial cure.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Inc.
206 723-2148