[WSBARP] Pro Bono/Lo Bono Litigator Opportunity

Annie Fitzsimmons atfitz at comcast.net
Fri Jul 3 15:44:30 PDT 2020

Happy Friday! I'm hoping that one of you has the time and energy to help a Spanish speaking roofing contractor who is the victim of fraud by a general contractor.  The short version of the facts … homeowner required a lien release from the subs prior to payment.  GC gave roofer a check for $12,000 as partial payment of funds owing in exchange for the lien release.  Immediately after receiving the lien release, GC told roofer not to deposit check and then canceled check.  To date, roofer has been paid nothing on a $21,000 job.  All of the facts are established by text messages between GC and roofer.

There is a language barrier and GC is using that to bully and intimidate roofer.  All of the contractors involved are licensed and bonded.  GC has a $12,000 bond that has not been attached.

The GC's place of business is Pierce County.  The roofer's place of business is Lake Stevens (Snohomish County?) and the property where the work was performed is Kitsap County.

Please let me know if you (or an associate :) is interested and I will give you names for a conflicts check.

Thank you!  Annie

Annette T. Fitzsimmons P.S.
P.O. Box 430
Belfair, WA 98528