[WSBARP] Free forms (license update) -- and FSBO group?

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Wed Jan 29 11:56:02 PST 2020

'Mates:

Several months ago I gave away about 30 copies of my real estate
transaction forms. Any user was to include the logo of my then-existing
real estate firm.

I've decided to wind up my real estate broker dreams. The firm (RobotAgent
Inc.) is no more. Accordingly, this email is notice that all users of the
forms I provided previously are released from any obligation to show the
logo and link to the firm. If you still have 'em, use and crib away (but
also keep reading).

This does not mean that I have given up on disruption in real estate. I'm
just returning to my still-successful roots, helping folks buy or sell a
home without incurring the costs of real estate brokers in the first place
(as you know, up to 6%). To further promote that practice, I'm still giving
away some of my real estate transaction forms
<https://seattlepropertylawyer.com/real-estate-forms> (since updated), and
selling others for a modest amount.

For you guys, though? Fuhgeddaboudit. All my current forms, including the
PSA, at no charge, just forward me this email and I'll reply with the Word
versions attached. As always, all I ask is feedback if you take exception
to the terms as drafted.

Finally, I've decided to try and build an informal "For Sale by Owner"
community of lawyers. I think it would be helpful for everyone's practice
(mine included) as a means to share, seek guidance, etc. And maybe it can
be part of building something better for consumers. While real estate
brokers certainly have a place, they shouldn't essentially have a monopoly
on the legal services they provide. We can do that work too, typically for
less than what they charge.

If you'd like me to add your name to a list of like-minded attorneys, let
me know. I'll put it together and then send out a "Here we are!" email.
We'll see where it goes.

Thanks for being such a great community of good lawyers! I am honored to be
part of it.

Craig
Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
<https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/LegalDirectory/LegalProfile.aspx?Usr_ID=000000029240>
92 Lenora St., Seattle WA  98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949
On the blog: The Form 17, Explained
<https://seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog/seller-disclosure-statement-form-17-explained>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.