[WSBARP] does Governor Inslee's Covid moratorium prohibit evictionof a commercial tenant for non-payment of rent

Carl Gay carl at greenawaylawfirm.com
Mon Dec 28 14:10:37 PST 2020

Dear Josh,

You may have an ethical duty of candor toward the tribunal (RPC 3.3 (a)(3)) to point-out to the superior court the doctrine of impossibility, impracticability, and frustration of purpose.

Restatement (Second) of Contracts section 261 (1981) and 25 Wash. Prac., Contract Law and Practice Section 10.16 (3d. ed.).

Does your client’s commercial lease include a Force Majeure clause?

CARL LLOYD GAY

Non nobis solum nati sumus

     “Not unto ourselves alone are we born”

           ~the motto of Willamette University~

GREENAWAY, GAY, MEDINA & MYERS

Attorneys and Counselors at Law

734 East First Street       Suite A

Port Angeles, Washington   98362

Email                       <mailto:carl at greenawaylawfirm.com> carl at greenawaylawfirm.com

Telephone               (360) 452-3323

Facsimile                  (360) 452-3724

THIS EMAIL TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED, AND MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION THAT IS COVERED BY THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PRIVACY ACT (18 USC §§ 2510-2521). IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE TO DELIVER THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR; PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE AND/OR EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. THANK YOU