[WSBARP] Landlord Question - Next legislative session

Chris B Chrisb at heckerwakefield.com
Thu Dec 17 10:59:22 PST 2020

I just entered into an agreement to sell 4 of my 12 rental homes as a package.  All will be town down and replaced with McMansions. These are nice homes that I am proud to own, two of which have tenants in them for more than 10 years.  While all my tenants are current in their rent, I no longer wish to be in the rental housing business in a state that is clearly trying to kill that business.

As they say, it is “a feature, not a bug.”

Chris Benis
Hecker, Wakefield & Feilberg, P.S.
321 First Avenue West, Seattle, WA  98119
206.447-1900 office – 206.447.9075 fax – www. heckerwakefield.com

This message contains information that may be CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail chrisb at heckerwakefield.com, and delete this message. Thank you very much.

To comply with recent IRS rules, we must inform you that this message, if it contains advice relating to federal taxes, was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under federal tax law.  Under recent IRS rules, a taxpayer may rely on professional advice to avoid federal tax penalties only if that advice is reflected in a comprehensive tax opinion that conforms to stringent requirements under federal law.  Please contact me if you would like to discuss our preparation of an opinion that conforms to these new rules.