[WSBARP] Landlord Question

Sangeeta Saigal attorney at sangeetasaigal.com
Mon Dec 14 21:22:29 PST 2020

Hello Landlord Gurus,

I understand that there is a moratorium against evictions until December 31st.

According to how I understand the proclamation this moratorium applies to tenants who have lost their jobs or source of income related to Covid.

Question:

If a residential tenant has not lost their source of income ie. On govt assistance and they are not paying the rent does the moratorium against no eviction rule apply to them.

How best to approach such tenant who seems to be taking advantage of the moratorium.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Sangeeta