[WSBARP] Notice to Vacate

Terrance Wilson Twilson at wilsonlawgroupwa.com
Tue Aug 11 09:18:22 PDT 2020

We have a client that owns a 6-unit apartment building in Kirkland which will be demolished and the site developed into townhomes.  The current tenants in the apartment are all month to month tenancies.

My understanding of the Governor's Proclamation is that it prohibits notices to vacate with an exception for cases where the landlord intends to sell.  The Proclamation does not elaborate on what it means to intend to sell (i.e. timing).  Our client has to build the new townhomes first, but certainly intends to sell as soon as they are completed.  How are other practitioners handling these situations under the current circumstances?

Best regards,

Terrance Randall Wilson, Managing Partner

Attorney at Law

Wilson Law Group of WA

(206) 550-3189 - Cell

(206) 805-6238 - Office