[WSBARP] REET Supp. Excise tax statement can't be signed by P of A?

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Aug 5 11:51:00 PDT 2020

My client as P of A for her mom signed a gift deed for the grantor. County Treasurer returned everything including the  supplemental statement REET form which accompanied the gift deed .  With the notation that a P of A can not sign the supplemental statement REET form !!  Where did that come from?  So a P of A can sign a deed conveying real property but can’t the supplemental statement REET form which just says it’s a gift and there is no loan on the property. Seems odd to me.

(They also said the Auditor needed 2 checks one for the $10 on the REET form and the rest for the recording fee.)

Josh
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185