[WSBARP] [WSBAPT] Excise tax and gift supplemental

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Fri Apr 24 10:37:52 PDT 2020

Bribery, huh? Hadn't thought of that one yet... :-)

Otherwise this is good advice Rob -- except it won't help here. This seems
to be an iron-clad rule of the DOR, without flexibility. If the sale price
is less than the assessed value, either a gift is required or additional
tax will be due on a subsequent audit. DOR has literally turned the
presumption of an "arms length transaction" sale price onto its head.

So one more tip: Don't forget the gift tax implications!!

Good grief.

Craig
Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
<https://www.mywsba.org/PersonifyEbusiness/LegalDirectory/LegalProfile.aspx?Usr_ID=000000029240>
92 Lenora St., Seattle WA  98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949
On the blog: The Form 17, Explained
<https://seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog/seller-disclosure-statement-form-17-explained>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.