[WSBARP] Judgment lien issue

Stephen A. Brandli steve at brandlilaw.com
Fri Sep 6 12:19:02 PDT 2019

I'm not sure there is any choice about releasing the lien. The lien
arises by statute out of the judgment.  If the judgment is satisfied,
then the lien is released, this by statute.  I don't think a court has
the discretion to put some kind of hold on the judgment or lien because
of some possibility of a future judgment in the case.

There is Chapter 6.25 RCW relating to attachment, but of course this is
limited.

     Steve Brandli
     Brandli Law
     Friday Harbor, WA