[WSBARP] Decree of Distribution without deed in probate; interaction with REETA requirements

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Oct 30 09:00:43 PDT 2019

>From my point of view, title passes to the heirs and devisees at death, subject to the probate administration.
I view the decree of distribution (or declaration of completion) as the confirmation of the vesting that has already occurred.
So yes, we would insure title in the heir/devisee upon filing of the decree of distribution without recording the decree or filing an excise tax affidavit.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West