[WSBARP] New construction contract - =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=9Csubstantial_?=conformity"

Anthony Gibbs anthony at mocerilaw.com
Fri Oct 25 11:05:41 PDT 2019

I’m trying to get a good definition for “substantial conformity” and “comparable quality" in the context of a new home construction contract.

E.g., if the builder must substitute materials that are “comparable in quality” to those chosen by the buyer or when Builder says it will construct the home “substantially in accordance” with the drawings and other descriptions…

Is there an objective standard for comparison? I’ve started on caselaw research with the precise terms but it’s slow-going so far.

Any thoughts or leads are most appreciated!

Best,
Anthony

--
Anthony F. Gibbs | Attorney
The Moceri Law Group PLLC

anthony at mocerilaw.com
www.mocerilaw.com

1310 North I Street, Suite B
Tacoma, WA 98403-2139

15600 Redmond Way, Suite 101
Redmond, WA 98052

Disclaimer: If you received this email in error, please throw it in the trash and let me know. Thanks.