[WSBARP] City of Seattle Rental Laws

Chris B Chrisb at heckerwakefield.com
Tue Oct 8 09:21:43 PDT 2019

The narrow answer to your question is that the city will issue an NOV to your client if they don’t get voluntary compliance.

Also, I recommend you carefully review TRAO as relates to “economic evictions.”  I’m pretty sure the city is considering that ordinance in this matter as well.

Chris Benis
Hecker, Wakefield & Feilberg, P.S.
321 First Avenue West, Seattle, WA  98119
206.447-1900 office – 206.447.9075 fax – www. heckerwakefield.com

This message contains information that may be CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail chrisb at heckerwakefield.com<mailto:chrisb at heckerwakefield.com>, and delete this message. Thank you very much.
To comply with recent IRS rules, we must inform you that this message, if it contains advice relating to federal taxes, was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under federal tax law.  Under recent IRS rules, a taxpayer may rely on professional advice to avoid federal tax penalties only if that advice is reflected in a comprehensive tax opinion that conforms to stringent requirements under federal law.  Please contact me if you would like to discuss our preparation of an opinion that conforms to these new rules.