[WSBARP] Estate Woes: Transfer of RP-Income or Sale

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 11:05:31 PDT 2019

IMHO it's undoubtedly a sale, but the realized gain is probably very low
due to the step up in basis that occurred upon death. Assuming the net
proceeds of the sale (maybe adjusted by the 1/4 interest) was less than
the FMV on date of death there would be no tax due.

I'm a bit surprised the escrow would raise this after closing, but other
than that I don't see a big issue.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Inc.
206 723-2148