[WSBARP] Will execution - valid?

Rich McEntee jrmcentee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:43:38 PST 2019

Hello —

I was contacted by a PC. The PC’s mother recently passed away and left a will. The will is fairly simple. However, I have concerns about its execution. From the image that I received, it appears that each page of the will was initialed and that an attached affidavit of subscribing witness was executed by the witnesses and the testatrix. The concern is that the signature and witness page of the will was not executed by either the witnesses nor the testatrix. I seem to recall that such a will may be valid. I would appreciate guidance or thoughts related to this situation and the possible probate of the will?

Thank you —

Rich

RICH McENTEE
McENTEE LAW OFFICE
3800 Bridgeport Way W, Ste A411
University Place, WA 98466
253.227.9894(m)
jrmcentee at gmail.com

IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message. If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.