[WSBARP] Oregon Probate / Small Estate question

Schmidt & Yee, PC syaloha at gte.net
Tue May 14 20:15:00 PDT 2019

Hello David:Perhaps they are referring to ORS 708A.430, which allows an insured institution (i.e. banks and similar) to transfer funds by affidavit if there is under $25Khttps://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/708A.430It is very difficult to use as the financial institutions do not like them and are worry about fraud and exposure to wrongfully paying funds.  I did successfully use this statute about 3 years ago for a client that her spouse died, he was a truck driver and had a sub S corporation in which he was the only shareholder and director.  He had an account at a bank in the name of the corporation and he was the sole signer.  He passed and there was $4000 in the account.  It took a lot of paperwork along with the affidavit to show my client was the only spouse ever, only child signed off and decedent did have a Will that gave everything to the surviving spouse, but we got it. Pam YeeSchmidt & Yee, PC
syaloha at gte.net
Aloha, OR  97078  -----Original Message-----