[WSBARP] House transfer question

RebeccaWiess rwiess at foxinternet.net
Fri May 3 12:21:33 PDT 2019

As some of my favorite ex parte commissioners liked to say: Disclosure cures
many problems. You have two things going on here, first a transaction which
will be clean on the real estate records and enable eventual clean title
transfer to an innocent third party, which requires no mention of the LLC,
and secondly setting up a defensive shield against any internal causes of
action which would be based on the prior transactions among the four
co-owners. Lay out the history, as you propose, and be sure all four
parties, not just the departing couple are signatories to the deed. For that
reason, I would suggest a deed from all four to the remaining two, rather
than from the departing two to the remaining two.

Rebecca K. Wiess

421 24th Avenue East

Seattle, WA  98112

Phone 206 329-6638