[WSBARP] Update on Changes to the RPPT Listservs

Michael Safren msafren at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 22:39:58 PDT 2019

Hello Fellow Listservs:

I wanted to provide you all with an update on recent changes to the RPPT
Listservs (both the Probate and Trust and the Real Property Listservs).

The RPPT Executive Committee voted to move the Listservs from an open
subscriber model, where anyone could subscribe and participate in the
Listserv to a members only model, where only RPPT section members could
participate in the Listserv.

This transition will be accomplished via a two fold change. First, the
online resources to access the subscription email addresses, archives, and
Listserv guidelines, rules, and etiquette have all been moved behind the
member login page on the wsbarppt.com website.  This Listserv resources
page can be found by clicking on the For Members tab and require your RPPT
login credentials.  This will prevent non-members from accessing the
Listserv.

The second change will be to ask subscribers to re-validate their
subscription by going back to the Listserv page to re-subscribe, which will
require login credentials that only section members possess.  Many of you
may have already received notices asking you to re-subscribe or to
re-validate your subscriptions.  If you have not yet re-validated your
subscription, please keep an eye out for an upcoming message inviting you
to re-validate your subscription.

We hope that these changes will improve the Listerv experience for users
and that Listserv members will experience only minor disruption as we
implement these changes.  If you experience any problems with the Listserv,
please let me know and I'll do my best to resolve any Listserv issues.

Kind regards,
Michael Safren
Web Editor, RPPT section