[WSBARP] Rental Agreement

Roger Moss ram at pacific-ci.com
Wed Jun 12 12:57:37 PDT 2019

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a simple room share agreement. The good news is there are resources to assist people in making them.

Room shares gone bad may be the single biggest driver of tenant landlord conflict today, particularly in areas like Seattle metro.. All parties need coaching in how to approach the process, and things to consider before moving in, including access to dispute resolution services.

Silvernest.com <http://silvernest.com/> helps people with the room sharing process in all 50 states. While they are primarily focused on Boomer-gen homeowners, they are set up to help anyone. HomeMatchSF.org <http://homematchsf.org/> is a Bay Area nonprofit that does similar work, and can help people outside California.

I have been enmeshed in these issues for several years now, mostly helping people get organized to avoid problems later. This entails more than a document, but education in doing the landlord tenant relationship, and having procedures in place when tensions arise, as they always do. Smoking, cannabis use, guest policies, and shared use of common areas are the biggest source of disputes; detailed provisions on each item is critical to avoid problems.

If your client would like a no charge consultation on this subject, I would be happy to provide it.

Roger A. Moss, Esq.
Pacific Conflict Intervention
206.790.1971 Seattle
415.371.9724 San Francisco
www.pacific-ci.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply email, delete this email, and do not disclose its contents to anyone.