[WSBARP] Scam alert

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Tue Jul 30 17:32:49 PDT 2019

😊😊😊

Roger Hawkes, WSBA 5173
Hawkes Law Firm, P.S.
19944 Ballinger Way NE, Suite #100
Shoreline, WA 98155
And 423 Main in Sultan, WA 98294
www.hawkeslawfirm.com<http://www.hawkeslawfirm.com/>
206 367 5000 Office
206 367 4005 Fax

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Craig Gourley
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:05 PM
To: WSBA Real Property Listserv <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBARP] Scam alert

Listmates -  there is currently yet another scam being run on attorneys.  The e-mail is from a Cèsar Justicia regrading a dog bit case.  This comes complete with photographs which my industrious paralegal traced to a news story out of England.   After some negotiation they will produce a counterfeit cashiers check drawn on Citibank in New York and delivered Marsh Insurance.  One of our attorneys initially took the case but recognized the scam before getting completely sucked in.  Just FYI

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291

360.568.5065
360.568.8092  fax
Craig at glgmail.com<mailto:Craig at glgmail.com>

Be Aware! Online banking fraud is on the rise. If you receive an email containing Wire transfer instructions call us immediately to verify the information prior to sending any funds!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged, confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please contact sender and delete all copies