[WSBARP] Clear title on dissolved corporation

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Tue Jul 30 16:03:24 PDT 2019

All,

Corporation was dissolved about 20 years ago. Real property was owned by
Corp. at time of dissolution but was never transferred out of Corp.'s name.
Sole shareholder held 100% interest in Corp. Shareholder has now died and
the real property needs to be transferred either into shareholder's estate
or directly to beneficiaries of shareholder's estate per his Will. Title
company is drawing a blank on who needs to sign what to clear title from
Corp. to Estate or directly to beneficiaries. Maybe just accompany the PR
Deed with an affidavit signed by PR setting out the above facts and reasons
as to where the real property rightfully goes?

I imagined there would be a statute to cover this as I'm sure it's not the
first time it has occurred but I'm not having any luck finding one.

Timothy C. Lehr

Attorney at Law

Stiles Law Inc., P.S.

p:   360.855.0131

e:   timothy at stileslaw.com <mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>

w:  www.stileslaw.com <http://www.stileslaw.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or
confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and
all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner;
(iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

---
https://www.avg.com