[WSBARP] Lost Trust Document but Assets in Name of Trust

Matt Yates matt at englishandmarshall.com
Mon Jul 29 16:44:07 PDT 2019

I have a client whose grandmother conveyed her home and transferred certain other assets to a trust and, I am told, made son (client's father) the sole remainder beneficiary under the trust.  The problem is that nobody can locate a copy of the trust including son/remainder beneficiary and attorney who drafted it.  Interestingly, her Will is NOT a pourover will but, instead, leaves everything to son.  The house, nevertheless, is held by deceased grandmother as trustee for a trust existing at one point.  I have not yet dealt with a missing trust governing instrument.  Anyone with such experience care to point me in the right direction?

Matthew D. Yates
Attorney at Law
Yates Marshall, PLLC
10000 NE 7th Avenue, Suite 200