[WSBARP] Time Share Liability

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Tue Jul 16 09:27:03 PDT 2019

Seems to me that a timeshare liability is no different than any other kind of creditor claim.  It's a liability of the estate, but not a liability of the heirs and beneficiaries.

Beware, though, I had a couple of co-PRs/siblings/beneficiaries who came to me after the timeshare company badgered them into personally assuming the timeshare liability, for a timeshare they wanted to abandon.  This was quite a few years ago, and I don't remember how we worked things out, but eventually there was a settlement.

THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com<mailto:tculbertson at lukins.com>