[WSBARP] Amend condo declaration or amend rules.

Spencer Stromberg spencer at lucentlaw.com
Tue Jul 9 14:38:27 PDT 2019

Bryce -

I can't imagine the Association doesn't have the power to adopt rules
regulating fireworks in the common areas and, most likely, the units.
Banner fireworks doesn't seem like an impact on "use" in the same way
banning leasing of units is under Shorewood West and related cases. There
are really clear safety, quiet enjoyment, and insurance premium impacts to
setting off fireworks in units and common areas without any clear competing
property rights. I would advise the Board that they likely have the ability
to pass and enforce the rule, although I would also advise them that there
is some risk the rule could be successfully challenged.

Spencer A. W. Stromberg
Attorney at Law

South Hill Office:
1403 S. Grand Blvd., Suite 201-S
Spokane, WA 99203-2278

P: 509.455.3713
D: 509.828.4644
F: 509.455.3718
E: spencer at lucentlaw.com
Web: www.lucentlaw.com

*Lucent Law provides comprehensive legal services in the areas of real
estate, business law, and wills, trusts, and estates. Additionally, Lucent
Law's EssentialLaw online platform <https://lucentlaw.com/essentiallaw/>
provides defined scope legal services that are easy to understand and
simple to purchase, all at reasonable fixed prices.*

*For news and updates regarding business law, real estate law and estate
planning issues, please sign up for Lucent Law's News & Updates newsletter
<https://www.lucentlaw.com/newsletter-sign-up>.*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential and
may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution, or use of this email
or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify me and delete it from your system.