[WSBARP] Lien priority question

Valentine, Gretchen (TRGC) Gretchen.Valentine at TitleResources.com
Tue Jan 8 12:11:25 PST 2019

Bisbee v. Carey.  Very old Washington case.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Richard Holland
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:42 AM
To: WSBA Real Property Listserv <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Lien priority question

John,

Was it case law?  I want to be clear I understand what you are saying.  If “Jack” wants to buy a house and has a $50k judgment from 2015 out there, nonetheless the Deed of Trust for the loan taken out in 2019 will have priority on title over the judgments?  And, if that is what you intended to say, does that hold true if, for example, the judgment was not only entered but actually recorded in 2015 (in my example)?

Rich Holland