[WSBARP] Slightly off Topic - Possible Referral - property damage - dog bite

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:56:30 PST 2019

I was walking down the middle of a residential street in CA with my dog on lease.  A neighbor's loose dog ran up and attacked with hackles up and snarling (meanwhile the owner is yelling that "Fluffy" will not hurt us and wants to play). In one move, my dog rolled the other dog and bit the other dog's neck and stomach causing injury.  The other owner came up to me a couple of weeks later and stated that he went to see an attorney and I'm responsible for his dog's vet bills.  I looked at him and said "My dog was under control, on a lease, and in the heel position.  Your dog was running around loose in the neighborhood and attached us.  Bring it on."   (I have no patience for this type of dog owner.)  I never heard from him again.

I doubt the "pit bull" and his owner can be responsible for defending itself from the attacking terrier.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5B5B2.FDDC7F70]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.