[WSBARP] Power of Attorney and Wills

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Wed Dec 11 09:55:33 PST 2019

That sounds a little fishy to me.  Your suggestion is that by use of the
POA the attorney in fact creates a Trust for the incompetent Principal and
puts the beneficiary designations in the Trust. These designations will be
different than in the Principal's Will.  When the Principal dies the assets
in the Trust are distributed as per the terms of the Trust.

Isn't this the same problem?  The Trust was made when the Principal is
incompetent.

JIm

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law