[WSBARP] Abandoned Personal Property

Catherine Clark Cat at loccc.com
Wed Aug 14 13:44:42 PDT 2019

All:

I'm involved in a CIR case (as co-counsel).  My client filed an unlawful detainer on a residential dwelling.  Former boyfriend filed a CIR claim asserting ownership over the residential dwelling.

It has been a nasty fight.  Former boyfriend has been evicted by court.  A writ of restitution has been issued.   There is no CIR.

As these things go, he left a pile of "personal property."  It is worth less than $250.

I'm looking at RCW 59.18.310 which talks about abandonment of tenancy and what to do with any personal property left behind.   My sense it that we proceed under this statute but am confirming given the use of the term "abandonment."  He wanted to stay and was evicted.  So he didn't abandon.

Given how this case has proceeded, I'd like to confirm with the hive mind as he is likely to attempt to take advantage of any technical issue.

Thanks.

Catherine "Cat" Clark
Law Office of Catherine C. Clark PLLC
2200 Sixth Avenue, Suite 1250
Seattle, WA 98121
Phone:  (206) 838-2528
Cell:  (206) 409-8938
Fax: (206) 374-3003
Email:  cat at loccc.com<mailto:cat at loccc.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic information transmission is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at (206) 838-2528. Thank you.