[WSBARP] Referral needed: Buyer breach for sending inspection report

Annie Fitzsimmons atfitz at comcast.net
Thu Aug 8 11:13:31 PDT 2019

Good Morning RP lawyers!  Port Orchard seller entered a PSA with buyer using the statewide (residential) forms.  In case you are not aware, the inspection contingency was recently revised to include a prohibition on buyer giving seller a copy of buyer's inspection report.  In this case, seller's broker also sent a text message to buyer's broker reminding buyer's broker of the new provision and stating that seller does NOT want a copy of buyer's inspection report.  Nevertheless, the buyer sent a copy of buyer's inspection report along with buyer's request for repairs.  After a few days of negotiation, the sale failed.

Seller says that the inspection report is damaging and wants to talk to a lawyer about potential remedies.  They talked to one lawyer who told them that they had no claim based on the inspection contingency (I have no idea what their discussion was with legal counsel as I am getting facts second hand).  They would like to get a second opinion.

Please reply to me only if you would like to talk to them and if you are open to the notion that there could be a damages claim against the buyers based on these facts.

Thanks!  Annie

Annette T. Fitzsimmons P.S.
P.O. Box 65578
Tacoma, WA 98464