[WSBARP] Lis Pendens in Probate Proceeding -

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Fri Apr 19 17:54:38 PDT 2019

Start studying tedra and, yes, a lis pendens is perfectly appropriate and will have to be linked to a pending lawsuit of some kind pretty quickly after filing.  As far as I know there is no specific time frame, but the lis pendens is intended to give notice to the world that some aspect of title to the property is in dispute, so you will need to file some challenge to the earlier transfer and best to do it soon.  Tedra was intended to allow early and cheap resolution to estate claims like this.  But doesn't seem to be quick or cheap.

Roger Hawkes, WSBA 5173
Hawkes Law Firm, P.S.
19944 Ballinger Way NE, Suite #100
Shoreline, WA 98155