[WSBARP] Timeshare appraisal

Wheeler, Doug DWheeler at viresorts.com
Sat Apr 6 09:23:28 PDT 2019

One of the "dirty secrets" of timeshare is that there is no effective resale market for most timeshare programs (except, perhaps, top-tier tier brands like Marriott).  WorldMark is part of Wyndham, one of the largest timeshare programs, but it suffers from the same problem.  In most cases, there is no good solution for appraisal or for transfer and/or sale.  Checking Redweek is a good idea, but listing prices are often wildly optimistic.  You could also check SellMyTimeshareNOW.com (http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com), and TimesharesOnly.com (http://www.timesharesonly.com).

Doug Wheeler
Senior Counsel
VI Resorts
1417 116th Avenue NE