[WSBARP] Question about avoiding FIRPTA

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 06:45:37 PDT 2018

I can't imagine there are any "creative" ways around it which are
legitimate, particularly given the the ability of the IRS to look at
substance over form.  But the fact that you're seeing "ideas" from
others to try to get around it makes me wonder if the "confidential
order issued pursuant to the Bank Secrecy Act" that I've seen referenced
on title reports also applies to sellers that are LLC's.  I've not seen
such a title report since that started showing up.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148