[WSBARP] Duty to restore easement area - 2nd Call

Craig Blackmon craig at lawofficeofcraigblackmon.com
Fri Sep 21 10:12:36 PDT 2018

Ah, I'll give it one more shot. I'd rather be lucky than good (at legal
research). But if not, Monday I will be off to the law library.

To recap: Does an easement impose a duty to restore the area if disturbance
is required or its use, where it does not say so expressly?

For example, a simple side sewer easement makes no mention of a duty to
restore. The benefited estate disturbs the area in making a necessary
repair, and refuses to restore the area to its prior condition. Does the
burdened estate have a remedy?

I just can't believe this has never come up. Thanks, and enjoy the weekend,
all!!

Craig
Craig Blackmon, Attorney at Law
Seattle Real Estate Lawyer <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/>
92 Lenora St. (The Makers Space, a shared work environment)
Seattle WA 98121
Office/Cell: (206) 369-5949   Fax: (206) 770-7328
@LawyerBroker <https://twitter.com/LawyerBroker>
How to Buy Without an Agent
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Buy+without+an+Agent> | How
to Sell FSBO <http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Sell+FSBO>
 | RE Glossary
<http://www.seattlepropertylawyer.com/blog?category=Real+Estate+Glossary>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is a private, confidential
electronic communication encompassed by 18 USC 2510. It is for the sole use
of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended
recipient does not constitute a loss of its confidential or privileged
nature.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy all
copies.