[WSBARP] Deed to husband and wife- JTWROS?

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue Sep 18 09:03:15 PDT 2018

Since all community property vests at death immediately in the surviving spouse, title companies will often insure a transaction after the death of a spouse and without a probate.  We require a “Lack of Probate Affidavit” which, among other things, informs us whether the deceased had a will.  If the deceased had a will, then we would require that the interest of the devisees be disposed of somehow.  (Typically we would look for deeds from the devisees.)

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West