[WSBARP] BPA Power line easement question

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:16:54 PDT 2018

Good morning, remember that your family member actually owns the land and BPA has only the rights designated in their easement.  Your family member has all other rights except those specifically granted under the easement document.   I have had a couple of these cases in the past and under the language of those easements, my client could pretty much do what they wanted as long as it did not block access to the lines or exceed a certain height etc.  You need to look at the actual language of your easement document and see if you can argue that your use does not interfere with the intention of the easement or impair the Grantees reasonable use of the rights granted.   Best of luck!