[WSBARP] Insurance & SOL

Robert R. Cole cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Thu Sep 6 16:08:29 PDT 2018

I am still in a rabbit hole.  It seems the adjuster is working with
Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) which is a self-insurance
risk pool.  So is it covered by the insurance WACs ?  If it is, does the
below WAC extend the statute of limitations, or does it just make for a
bad faith claim?

Then there is the common law doctrine of equitable tolling, as here we
(arguably) have bad faith, deception and/or false assurances by actions
of the adjuster.  But there is also apparently a requirement that the
plaintiff act with due diligence....

I'm out of my realm here.  This isn't a big case -- maybe $50k in
presently unreimbursed losses, plus the house repairs which have been
paid.  Suggestions???

Very Truly Yours,

Robert R. Cole

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.