[WSBARP] Which WAC Applies?

Valentine, Gretchen (TRGC) Gretchen.Valentine at TitleResources.com
Thu Sep 6 10:12:50 PDT 2018

Jeff -

I suggest that you first record a QCD to create community property, using the 'create community property' REET exemption.  Then, I suggest that you use the 'mere change in identify or form' REET exemption for the deed transferring title to the trust.

Best,
Gretchen

Gretchen Valentine | NW Regional Underwriting Counsel
Title Resources
Phone: 206-962-7744 |

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Davis
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:51 AM
To: 'WSBA Real Property Listserv' <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBARP] Which WAC Applies?

Listmates,

A client is transferring her separate King County real property into a living trust in which she and her husband are co-Trustors, Trustees and Beneficiaries.  Husband is receiving an interest in this property.   Before I get into a running battle with the King County Treasurer, which WAC do I reference on the Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit, 458-61A-201 (Gifts) and/or 458-61A-211 (Mere change in identity or form)?  Your sage advice would be welcomed.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis, Esq.
BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510
Sequim WA 98382
Phone No.:(360) 683.1129
Fax No.: (360) 683.1258
email: info at bellanddavispllc.com<mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
www.bellanddavispllc.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bellanddavispllc.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=fie8CffxQEyLNW7eyn-hJg&r=JERrBGrHYHDKmt6DjB9VAo1wn86_nDXhLwz5Msa5wWAQiPVWLWGOGUDcF194hmkm&m=kdHz0M92dtNFtWIkeResbD0dH1fOBtncNbDXunRMgW0&s=rFaZ7_bc5eAizk3yJBedvAUgSe2kMaaaCGMNhXMu6kQ&e=>

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at info at bellanddavispllc.com<mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>  or call 360.683.1129

BEWARE OF CYBER-FRAUD - Before wiring any funds, call the intended recipient at a number you know is valid to confirm the instructions and be very wary of any request to change wire instructions you already received.

This email may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this copy from your system.

*** In our ongoing Focus on your security we have changed our Encryption provider to Proofpoint Encryption. This may require you to create a new account ***