[WSBARP] Who signs a corrected quit claim deed?

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 14:42:41 PDT 2018

I would question whether you need to do anything.  If the deed is
invalid then presumably the title was still in the couple's name as
community property and passed to the wife on death of the husband.  I
would say talk to a title company attorney, but I'm not sure how you
bind them to the answer given.  If you somehow determine that is
correct, in the meantime you could just hold onto the original deed in
case you do need to so some re-recording of the deed for some reason.  I
do think it is that deed that would be re-recorded, rather than a new
deed being prepared.

Finally, it's doubtful this was that type of transaction, but if this
was done as part of a refinance through escrow, there's likely a
document giving the escrow the power to correct typographical errors.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148