[WSBARP] Bargain & Sale Deed - Push Back - Friday Rant

James B. Dolan jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Fri May 4 11:05:47 PDT 2018

Rob:

Whenever possible, I tell my clients that before or immediately after they engage a realtor, they need to let the realtor know that we (the realtor and myself) need to talk, specifically regarding (a) disclosures and (b) the type of deed.  I send a short follow up letter to the realtor after we have talked.  I have generally been successful in having realtors put in the PSA that a B&S deed will be used, so that buyers and their agent know up front.  I’ve had realtors balk at this (“never done it that way before”) but I have not encountered any resistance from local title companies.

I agree with those who have written that it is generally more difficult to get the deed changed for SW to B&S after the PSA has been signed and the parties are headed towards closing.

Jim Dolan

===================

Jones Butler Dolan, PS

 <http://www.jbdolan.com> www.jbdolan.com