[WSBARP] Deed in Lieu Q

marc holmeslawgroup.com marc at holmeslawgroup.com
Thu Mar 15 11:42:22 PDT 2018

Yes, it is viewed negatively and will impact the credit score if reported to credit bureaus.  That’s pretty much a given with traditional lending.  If your client used seller financing from a private individual then the odds are probably pretty good it will not be reported.

As you mentioned, the 1003 Uniform Loan Application used by most lenders requires the borrower to declare whether they have had a foreclosure or deed in lieu thereof in the last 7 years.  I’m not certain what the current Fannie/Freddie guideline is for being eligible for another loan but I think it is less than the full seven years.  A good loan officer will know that off the top of their head.

https://www.fanniemae.com/content/guide_form/1003rev.pdf

Marc Holmes
Holmes Law Group PLLC
2303 W. Commodore Way, # 306