[WSBARP] Lis Pendens

Carmen Rowe carmen at gryphonlawgroup.com
Fri Mar 2 16:52:00 PST 2018

Hi Nestor -

Again being on digest, I just left your post below my signature and cut out
the main chain.

But to note for however you might chose to proceed with such things, from
my reading of the case (
​
John Morgan Const. Co. v. McDowell) & citations in it, that is the point -
there is no separate notice that needs to be given when foreclosing so long
as lien recorded, as the recorded lien is notice that the buyer needs to
investigate the status of the lien (including whether being foreclosed
upon).

That said ..... even if legally superfluous, I can see a practical benefit
in making sure someone actually saw it, not just legally deemed to have
notice of it, and avoid the practical issue of someone not having noticed
and now you have to unwind. I am sure people are more likely to pay
attention when there is a lis pendens than "just seeing a lien" to realize
foreclosure is at play.

I have seen what you have, too, that someone moves the court to release the
lis pendens upon posting a bond. I have also seen, though, the court award
attorney's fees for having to bring that motion if someone had already
posted the bond and requested lien-holder to release the lis pendens, and
the lien-holder refused (which I believe was the scenario originally
posted?). That is the gist of my suggestion in this case - that even if a
lis pendens was legitimate to begin with, if the judgment is now secured
and no further risk of foreclosure, there is no further basis for impact on
title, it's straight money.

Unless someone sees that differently?

Carmen Rowe, Attorney/Owner

Phone: (360) 669-3576 (direct cell)
Email:  Carmen at GryphonLawGroup.com

*Mailing address: *1673 S. Market Blvd. #202, Chehalis, WA 98532
*Olympia/Lacey office: *1415 College Street SE, Lacey, WA 98503
*Seattle office: *1001 4th Avenue, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98154

*We also offer virtual meeting options, and are often available to meet
with you in an alternate location convenient to you.*

*Privileged and confidential: *This message is confidential. If you receive
this message in error, please let us know, and please delete and disregard
any information it contains. We thank you for your respect in not sharing
this email with anyone.

If we are communicating with you regarding a debt or monies owed, THIS MAY
BE AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT, AND ANY INFORMATION WILL BE USED FOR THAT
PURPOSE. You have the right to seek legal advice from an attorney. To the
extent that the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act applies, this
firm is acting as a debt collector for the firm's client named above. Any
information obtained will be used for collection purposes.