[WSBARP] Question about HOA condo insurance

Laird, Katherine KatherineLaird at CenturyPacificLP.com
Thu Jun 14 11:41:08 PDT 2018

Listmates:
I am trying to better understand the interplay between condo unit owners' property insurance coverage and an HOA's master policy.  What happens if the HOA's policy limits are not adequate and a casualty cannot be fully addressed?   For example, the HOA's coverage limits do not cover reconstructing the condo building in the event of a destructive fire.  I know the condo unit owners carry, or should carry, loss assessment coverage, but I also suspect that most owners do not carry enough loss assessment coverage to address a major event.   If anyone is willing to spend a few minutes on the phone with me  I would appreciate a mini tutorial.  OR if you are able to refer to me to a treatise or great article I would appreciate the referral.  I have consulted the internet and have yet to find guidance that is comprehensive  (or not written by folks who want to sell you more insurance).
Thank you for your wisdom, which seem to me to be boundless on this listserv.
Katherine

Katherine Kramer Laird
CenturyPacific, LP
Suite 1680