[WSBARP] SOL for HOA liens

Rob Wilson-Hoss rob at hctc.com
Fri Jun 1 15:07:19 PDT 2018

The lien typically doesn't matter, it is the actual date of delinquency that
does, and you are probably looking at 6 years based on the writings, the
governing documents. I think there are one or two unreported decisions that
say 6 years and that seems right to me, depending on the document language.
The lien is either just a statement of the delinquency, or a mechanism to
collect it, or both, but not the debt itself, usually.

Rob

Robert D. Wilson-Hoss
Hoss & Wilson-Hoss, LLP
236 West Birch Street
Shelton, WA 98584
360 426-2999

www.hossandwilson-hoss.com
 <mailto:rob at hctc.com> rob at hctc.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, you are hereby notified
that any use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us by
reply e-mail or by telephone (call us collect at the number listed above)
and immediately delete this message and any and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

This office does debt collection and this e-mail may be an attempt to
collect a debt, Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.  To
the extent the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. § 1692)
applies this firm is acting as a debt collector for the
condominium/homeowners' association named above to collect a debt owed to
it. Any information obtained will be used for collection purposes. You have
the right to seek advice of legal counsel.