[WSBARP] Bargain sale or Gift of Community Property

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 17 13:33:29 PST 2018

I found the case I was thinking of in the personal property section of
my outline.  Marston v. Rue from 1916, where it refers to a husband's
gift to a mistress as being void (and upheld the wife's sale of a car
under her emergency powers).  There's also the more recent case of
Francis v. Francis, from 1978.  Note I have not re-read either case, but
they do seem to deal with gifts based on my notes.

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott/KMS Renton
206 723-2148