[WSBARP] fire access lanes in condominium

Douglas W. Scott doug at davisscottlaw.com
Fri Dec 21 13:43:15 PST 2018

The City of Bellevue Fire Dept is mandating that my HOA clients condo building turn virtually all curb areas into no parking fire truck lanes every 50 feet  which would eliminate almost all guest parking.  Most existing curb areas don't strictly comply with the fire lanes they want, although some are very close.  The condo building does have existing fire lanes and over the past 40 years fire trucks have been there several times without complaint.  This would severely limit the parking within this 40+ year old condo.  Any suggestion of what we can do?

Douglas W. Scott
Rainier Legal Advocates, LLC
465 Rainier Boulevard North, Suite C
Issaquah, Washington, 98027